ADVANCED: The Complete Restorative Practices Film Series
Filmed over nearly three years, primarily at a Zen Center in Northern California, the Restorative Practices Film Series was created to unveil the art and science of Connection and Wellbeing.
At the heart of the series is one question: During these times of increasing intensity– from personal stress & alienation, social upheaval, and ecological catastrophe– how do we ground ourselves in the core frameworks, abilities, and practices required to activate the root drivers of human wellbeing for ourselves and those we love?
In the series, pioneering Connection Phenomenologist Natureza Gabriel Kram lays out a trans-disciplinary framework for building enduring connection and wellbeing grounded in six primary disciplines: Neurophysiology (with a focus on Polyvagal Theory), Mindfulness, Cultural Linguistics, Deep Nature Awareness, Indigenous Lifeways, and Anti-racism.
Gabriel is the Convener of The Restorative Practices Alliance, the Founder and CEO of Applied Mindfulness, Inc., and the Author of Restorative Practices of Wellbeing.
In the complete Restorative Practices Film series, accompany Gabriel on a deep learning journey mentored by the guides of the Restorative Practices Alliance, including
- Dr. Darcia Narvaez, PhD- Author of Neurobiology and the Development of Human Morality
- Dr. Vincent Felitti, MD- Co-Principal Investigator of the Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES) Study
- Dr. Stephen Porges, PhD- Developer of the Polyvagal Theory
- Earl Simms- Violence Prevention Expert
- Ilarion Merculieff- President of The Global Center for Indigenous Leadership and Lifeways
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse- Lakota Peace and Earth Activist & Host and Executive Producer of First Voices Radio
- John Stokes- Founder of the Tracking Project
- Dr. David Mars, PhD- Developer of Transformational Couples Therapy
- Lee Mun Wah- Master Mindfulness and Diversity Trainer and Award-winning film-maker of The Color of Fear
The series includes:
More than 16 hours of professionally produced film, including the following films:
- Film One- Why Being Able to Turn on Your Connection System is the Most Important Asset to Your Wellbeing
- Film Two- Understanding How the Mind-Body Connection Shapes your Health
- Film Three- Why Understanding the Polyvagal Theory Will Change Your Life
- Film Four- The Body We are Wearing
- Film Five-How to Escape the Prison of the Mind
- Film Six- Why Your Heart Should be Telling Your Mind What to Do
- Film Seven- How to Talk to Everything
- FIlm Eight- How to Have Healthy Relationships
- Film Nine- How to Have a Useful Conversation about Race
- Film Ten- An Unfinished Conversation about Race
As well as the following supplementary films:
- The Evolved Nest- a conversation with Dr. Darcia Narvaez, PhD
- Deviations from the Nest: The Origin and Implications of the ACES Study- a conversation with Dr. Vincent Felitti, MD
- The Future of Medicine and Mental Health-a conversation with Dr. Stephen Porges, PhD
- Living from the Heart- a conversation with Ilarion Merculieff
- The Language of Transformation- a conversation with Tiokasin Ghosthorse
- Deep Nature Connection - a conversation with John Stokes
In this self-paced video-based online course, you will learn:
- What your Connection System is, and why activating it may be the single most important thing you can do to support your wellbeing.
- Why a felt sense of safety undergirds wellbeing.
- How Polyvagal Theory can give you the self-tracking abilities to return to balance when you get knocked out of it.
- How you can develop your interoceptive awareness, and how and why this supports wellbeing.
- A path out of mental chatter.
- The fundamentals of mindful awareness.
- How to build ropes with everything through language.
- How to re-vivify our experience through verb-based language.
- How to generate a climage of inter-personal safety in relationships.
- How to become aware of your socialization and the ways it shapes your relating across difference.
- How to open into empathy and listening across difference, and how to take responsibility for our impacts.
Once you purchase the course, you will have lifetime access to in on our deep learning platform.